Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yarn Along

I'm joining in the Yarn Along with Ginny at the Small Things blog.

I don't know how to knit, but I do crochet. Right now I'm working on a pineapple afghan, which I started in October. I'm hoping to be finished with it by spring, but I'm very slow.  There it is, not so artfully draped over the chair in my bedroom, next to my terribly disordered night-stand.  Maybe I'll learn how to stage a photo one of these days. Until then - welcome to my real life. The books I'm reading right now are on the top of the stack there - Good Calories Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes; and my wonderful Kindle with which I am reading The Antiquary, by Sir Walter Scott.

I do occasionally straighten up the books on the night stand.

GCBC is a very dense, scientific book, but I'm finding it pretty easy to read.  It's been a very eye-opening experience, to say the least.

A better view of the books, with my afghan-in-progress as the background


I have never read much Sir Walter Scott - besides Ivanhoe. Last year I found his Guy Mannering at the library and really enjoyed it, so now that I have my Kindle and access to many of his books for free, I'm on a roll with the Waverly novels.  I'm not reading them in any particular order. The Antiquary piqued my interest, so I started with it. I love a good, old-fashioned story.

4 comments:

  1. The pattern is intriguing and the book I'm reading now needs to be a Kindle read - 800 pages! ooomph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Door-stop Book...those are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern! it looks wonderful! ...I'm crocheting a blanket - with granny squares right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I'm going to have to learn how to crochet granny squares.

    ReplyDelete