Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

The new year has been busy around here.  I've been having to tweak my schedule since I've started my job as a substitute tutor.  The intermittent nature of the job requires me to be ready to go in each day, and I learned the hard way that the day I think I *won't* be called will be the day I get called in at the last minute.  I worked quite a bit during the first two weeks of January, but I expect things will slow down for a while now.


{pretty}




I got this beautiful icon for Christmas from The Professor.  This is a reproduction of the wonderful Kursk "Root" Icon. (My photography skills leave much to be desired, I know.)  My collection of icons is slowly increasing!

{happy}


The Boy and I got this 1000 piece puzzle for Christmas.  I was so very happy when we got it all finished and didn't lose any pieces in the process!  I got the idea for putting the puzzle together on foam board from Jamie over at A Year in Skirts.  It worked out very well.

{funny}


The Professor's nightstand. I noticed this as I was straightening up the bedroom this morning and it made me laugh. The Professor is usually reading something Serious and Thought-Provoking. That Star Wars book is actually sitting on top of his Greek New Testament and a book on patristic theology.

{real}


Nerf darts and doggies do not go together! I came upon this scene shortly after I finished vacuuming this room, of course.  {sigh}



round button chicken

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that combination of reading material sounds like my husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our lab/great dane puppy loves to eat darts. We are always trying to get them before he does. I love the puzzle you did.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was laughing at the combination of reading material too :-) I'm in the middle of one of those books myself, but mine are usually mixed up with "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel" and "Curious George" at the moment. I'm enjoying your blog! Thanks for commenting on mine too, it's really encouraging when I'm just getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised any of Kiddo's darts made it through Jonathan's puppy stage. He doesn't eat them anymore, thankfully. Speaking of Kiddo, he'd love that book! He's playing Star Wars on the Wii as I type. Sigh... ;)

    ReplyDelete